It’s funny how much our taste buds change over time. I used to be such a picky eater and wouldn’t touch anything new. I was convinced that black beans and avocado weren’t for me! I am so glad I became more adventurous with my eating because my health has come such a long way as a result. This salad is so simple but so delicious! It is colorful, refreshing, and packed with nutrients. Typically salad dressings can ruin a perfectly good salad with all of their questionable ingredients, but this dressing is light and healthy and gives it the perfect amount of flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cup thawed frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (use the stems too!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (or 2 limes)
- 1-2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Prep all the veggie ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the veggies. Toss gently to coat evenly and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Store in the fridge and serve alone, with chips, or in a pita!
Original recipe and photos found here.